Thursday, June 21, 2007

Stressful days

I am feeling a bit better, thanks to all that commented on my latest (and most depressing) blog. I still feel the underlying sadness, but I have taken steps to overcome it. I was mad at my husband for numerous reasons, so I talked to him, found out he was equally mad at me for numerous reasons as well, and we hashed it out. Then we decided (after we had cooled our tempers and had made up) to go for a 'date' on Tuesday. That was step one. Step two was eating healthier again. I have been exercising, but I haven't been eating for weight loss lately. Yesterday and today I have done well (so far). I have begun to try quitting smoking again (yes, I started again, but not without EXTREME conviction in my heart)...I have the patch on as we speak. I have been praying more again, which always helps.
Still I have a deep rooted sadness. Most of it stems from my troubled step-son, I just can't seem to see the light at the end of the tunnel on that one. He is SO troubled. His 'other' family is evil, absolutely evil. I just don't feel like I can take it anymore...I'm at such a loss as to what to do with him. Half of me wants to hang in there, the other half of me just wants to give up and move out for a while. I wouldn't want to separate from my husband, but I can't handle my step-son, I just can't take him and his crazy family anymore. I really need God's help. I really need support. I really need God's grace to help me to love him beyond human comprehension, even though he bullies other children and hits us, etc.
I'm at a loss...

4 comments:

marja said...

Hi Shebee, I'm sorry for your predicament. I can see how difficult that must be. Don't think I would do well with that either. Is there some kind of help you could get your stepson? There must be something out there to help him and to help you learn to deal with him. Is there someone who could give you a referral?

shebee said...

Hey Marja,
He's already in a supportive school with people we have assigned to us for support but he's leaving that school this year - his mother wants to homeschool him (yikes) and I can see her taking us to court if we refuse...it all seems very hopeless

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Shebee, you don't have to struggle against your step-son. As all other burdens in life, you can cast him to the Lord so He will take care of him. "Cast all your anxieties to the Lord for He cares for you." (1Peter 5:7)

We all have our problems and trials to face, but things will be easier if we look at them through God's perspective- that they are lessons to be learned and mastered so we could move on in our Christian life. Instead of reacting to your son's provocations, just ignore them and pray to God to take care of him. Then say to yourself, "I can do all things thru Christ who strengthens me." (Philippians 4:13) I will link my prayers with you so that you will be delivered from all your pains and sufferings.

God bless you with His amazing graces and tender mercies.

shebee said...

Thanks for the encouraement ladies..I really aappreciate it.