Wednesday, June 27, 2007

hopeless

It all seems very hopeless
tears run down my cheeks
sorrow rears it's ugly head
It's been this way for weeks

When will the suffering end my Lord
I know that you are real
but in the midst of all this strife
Your love is hard to feel

I feel so sick inside my soul
From it I cannot hide
In my heart I know you're with me
In my head you're hard to find

I feel so utterlly hopeless
this I can't deny
but I can't rely on feelings
or I'd bid myself to die

Dear Jesus, please help me through this awful, hatred-filled mess. I am so tired of hating. I am so tired of being bitter. I am so tired of feeling misunderstood. I am so tired of advice that crushes my soul. Please God...bring peace to my tormented spirit.

4 comments:

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

You don't have to be hopeless. Hope springs eternal. Your poem is very sad. There's so much pathos in it. As a fellow Christian and a fellow suffering servant of Christ, may I point you to Isaiah 40:31 "But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles, they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." May I invite you to visit my blog and read my post entitled "Can Faith Heal?" I will pray for you. Remember, we are delivered by the Spirit of the Lord, "Not by might nor by power but by my Spirit, says the Lord Almighty." (Zechariah 4:6b)

God bless you with His amazing grace and tender mercies.

Unknown said...

You're a great writer - that poem was very well written.

Don't lose hope - it's all we have left! I understand the need and want for "relief" from how you feel, but remember this is only temporary, and you'll be better soon! Maybe in a month, a week, a few months, but the important thing is...keep going to your doctor! Switch doctors if you need to! Do whatever it takes until you feel better! It's all in your hands...and you CAN do this, with help from above, of course. And once you're through it, you'll see that you're a much stronger person than you ever imagined you could be.

marja said...

Shebee! I just checked in for the first time in a long while. I had no idea you were feeling like this. Kansassunflower is right. And you know too how this works, don't you? ...the fact that it's only temporary. But I know too how hard that is to believe when you're in the midst of it.
I'm praying for you, Shebee.
Take care.
And write some more poetry, okay?

Love, marja

shebee said...

Thankyou for your words of encouragement...they mean a lot to me. God bless you.