Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Argh!

Today I worked with someone that really rubs me the wrong way. The thing is, I have no idea why I don't like her. Everyone else seems to love her. Maybe I'm jealous? Maybe I'm intimidated by her? She's a very perky little thing and normally I like perky people. But not her. I don't get it.
I was, once again, listening to Joyce Meyer and she said in a telebroadcast that sometimes we don't like people because they remind us too much of ourselves. (That would make sense since I don't like myself, why I wouldn't like her). Another point that Joyce raised was that God puts people in our lives that we don't like or don't get along with to test us. That would make sense too.
Apart from that my day was fairly uneventful. I'm just bummed out. Maybe depression is rearing it's ugly head again...who knows. Blah.
On my break I was talking to a friend about getting absolutely smashed next weekend at a pub night for our students. Good christian ehtic, hey? She doesn't even know that I'm a christian either. Maybe it's better that way since all I talk to her about is how much I hate certain people and alcohol consumption.
On a somewhat good note, my step son's mother has pled guilty to her crimial charge of child abduction. Finally some justice! She'll probably do about 3 months of jail time, but that's about it. Good enough for me! As long as she get some form of punishment for what she did to my step son. I swear that he is going to end up to be either a junky or a very suicidal individual if God does not intervene after all the shit she put him through. But that's another story.
Whoever is reading this, if you pray, could you please pray for me? I really need it rigth about now. I just want to crawl under a rock and cry, and cry, and cry.

5 comments:

chalexa said...

Shebee, don't be discouraged about your coworker. You know, i have experienced something really similar with one of my coworkers and i was like, "GOD WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO ME!?" I figured he was trying to teach me avoidance. But it turned out he had a very specific purpose for placing her in my life and me in her life. You never know how you impact someone, or what a meaningless relationship can turn out to be. Seek God, and ask him to teach you why he wants her in your life and you might be surprised ;) Love, Chalexa

marja said...

I'll pray for you tonight, shebee. Hope things pick up soon for you.

shebee said...

Thanks ladies, I appreciate your support very much :)
Love S

Bleeding Heart said...

I don't agree with the Joyce Meyers comment...

When I don't like someone or they rub me the wrong way..usually its because of ignorance or stupidity! LOL!!!

I am not ignorant or stupid!

We are NOT going to like everyone...we are frigin HUMAN...Believe me a lot of people think the way you do - we all think the same...some show it and some don't.

Hang in there kid!

Anonymous said...

I have a strong suspision that you are either not a christian or you are running from God and that's why there is so much confusion in your life. Christians who truly are born again are not likely to use the language you use in your blog. And if we do, we are quick to repent and ask God's forgiveness. We are not perfect but we have a strong desire to use our mouths to glorify God, not to use profane language that is unbecoming to a christian. We are glad that our former life is over because we have no desire to go out and get drunk. I would strongly suggest that you examine yourself and see if you truly are a christian. Have you asked Jesus Christ to be your saviour or are you just counting on the fact that you are catholic, or American, or whatever? A relationship with Jesus Christ has nothing to do with religion. It is a real connection with God through His Son, Jesus Christ. Please consider that the reason you don't have victory over these situations is because you don't have the "real thing". It's simple, just say "Jesus, I know you are real and the Son of God. I accept you as my Lord and Saviour and I give my life to you now and forever". You may or may not "feel" something in that moment, but God's word promises that you will be born again if you pray a prayer such as the one above. God loves you and will turn your life around. Love, someone who really cares about your life here and for eternity.