Friday, July 06, 2007

Self Pity

First off, thanks to all of you for your words of encouragement and you prayers. They were very much felt and appreciated. I just want to let you know however, that I was feeling hopeless, but like I said in my poem, I can't rely on feelings. I hold on to the scripture that one of you sent to me from the book of Isaiah "But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles, they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." (40:31) - thankyou for that Mel.
Still I do feel 'faint'. I'm just so sad and frustrated. I know I'm in a depressed state. But I will ride it out. I will be ok. I hate bathing myself in self-pity, so it's only a matter of time before I give it up. I just pray that I will not feel overwhelmed with everyday tasks, such as work, cleaning, making dinner...etc.
I am going to try and sleep now. I love this community and I thank all of you for your support and prayers.
Goodnight.
Shebee

2 comments:

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Hi Sheebee,
You can always count on the support of friends and loved ones during times of extreme depressions. No man is an island, as the saying goes. One soul reaches out to others for strength and moral support.

I will pray for you as I am praying for all those suffering from bipolar disorders. Prayer is a very powerful tool to reach out to God. Please link with me as I pray for your complete healing and deliverance.

May I invite you to visit my blog. I will include you to my linked blogs. Thanks for acknowledging me in your latest post. I'll treasure that.

God bless you and your loved ones with the very best in this world.

marja said...

Your attitude is wonderful, Shebee. It's true, you WILL be ok. Thank you for your comments on my last post. You're really far too kind. You know it's not me who makes me do what I do; it's God working through me. But your comments were very encouraging.

You take care...and keep blogging. And, like I said before, please write some more poetry.

Love - marja