Tuesday, July 08, 2008

So long, no type

Well, it's been a while...again!!! A lot has happened in the past 6 weeks! For one, I'm 6 weeks closer to giving birth! ACK! For two, I'm off work now and kinda bored, believe it or not!
For three, our kitty never came home :( For four, my hubby's dad was in the psych unit at a hospital out in Ontario for panic/anxiety disorder for a couple of weeks. He came home and then 2 days later had to be rushed to the Ottawa general as he picked up bacterial meningitis from his previous hospiutal stay. He's in rough shape, but doctor's believe he'll pull through. And for five, my best friend has been hospitalized in a mood disorder ward. All in all, it's been a bit stressful lately. I have been sooooooo miserable lately too. My poor husband. I fluctuate between absolute paralyzing fear and anxiety, to horrible lashing out in anger, to feeling just dandy, all in a matter of hours. It's really, very draining. I see my counsellor tomorrow. However, I don't feel like it does that much for me, accept to bring up painful crap that makes me sad. Rip that old band-aid right off...nice and slow.
I am enjoying a book right now though. 'An unquiet mind'. It's really quite good and I can relate to most of it (it's an autobiography of a famous psychiatrist with bipolar disorder). I am also read8ing 'pregnancy blues' which goes into detail about the hormonal/neurotransmitter connection with dperession during and after pregnancy. My depression/anxiety has been pretty bad during my pregnancy. I ended up having to increase rather than decrease my paxil. Oh well, what do ya do. Baby seems fine so that's all that matters.
I am bored...and I'm starting to get really aggitated with myself and the fact that I can't type very well and that it takes me a lot longer to type than the average person at my age. I'm being random now...oh well. Whatever. Roar, now I'm in a bad mood.

No comments: