Friday, February 09, 2007

Moving is stressful!!

Hey all,
Well, last night Brad and I were painting the new place (an undertaking I wish we had started earlier by at least a week) and boy were we bickering! Moving AND painting at the same time are not conducive to a romantic evening. We apologised to each other later on, which was good, because at least we recognized that we were both in the wrong.
I am still very stressed out about the whole pay pal/eBay thing...whatever. I just have to focus on good things...right? Lately it just hasn't worked to calm me down...the best thing for me lately to take the stress edge off is to pop a clonazepam and eat something fattening...ugh. I wish I had some way to stop my compulsive eating. I eat when I'm hungry, not hungry, tired, bored, stressed, sad, lonely, happy...I eat ALL the time.
I know it has a lot to do with my childhood and growing up in a very stressful and dysfunctional home...I always turned to food back then, so I guess old habits die hard.
Anyways, it's just a quick blurb today as my break is over.
For those of you that pray, could you please pray for our: finances, move, painting, stress levels? It would be so much appreciated and felt. Love to you all.
Shebee

3 comments:

Amateur Dancer said...

Hey Shebee,

I have been catching up on your blog...whew...(deep breath)---stress release.

I will definetly be praying for you and hubby.

Any way that yall can write down your tasks? Sort of tackle one stressor at a time?

Moving is unbelievably stressful, my move in the winter threw me into a horrible mixed state.

I think that the more you can do to stay at peace (do take your meds, I take clonopin daily too)...

There is nothing wrong with taking the meds the doc has given you.

Give yourself grace, this is a hectic time...

Like re: your concern about weight, can you put that concern on the shelf to think about next month (i know that is easier said than done)...but, your brain can only occupy so many concerns at once.

(plus, all the moving activity will burn calories).

Breathe, Sweet Friend....Rest in Him...Tell Him you NEED His HELP to Rest in Him...

I am praying for you!
Dancer

chalexa said...

hey shebee, i understand about the weight thing. but lately i've been able to force myself to just slide back into the mindset that will help me in losing weight. i've been doing all my homework, i joined a new gym, i'm pairing it with tanning which i love which is also at the gym, and i can assure you, results CAN be seen in under a week when you actually begin to try. Its baby steps. I feel like i have an addiction to food so i have still not made total headway with not cheating or compulsive overeating, but it has decreased a bit and i know that i'm in a procesess. I know you can do the same. you've done it before. you'll do it again. and the best advice of it all is, do it the way you know works (weight watchers worked for you before!!) and make a commitment. If you keep putting it off, it will never happen. I will be praying for you, and i'll also pose as your cheerleader!

Love chalexa

shebee said...

Hey Chal,
Thanks for posing as my cheerleader! Here is a possible cheer you could use: 'Ra Ra Sis Boom Ba, Firecracker, Firecracker HaHaHa!!!'
Anyways, thanks DW and Chal for your support. I know...take it one day at a time. The clonazepam sure does help though! Anyways, Love to both of you and thanks again.