Thursday, February 15, 2007

Warning, do not read if you are in a good mood

I am so overwhelmed.

I have been sick for almost 2 weeks now and just when I thought I was getting better, yesterday I felt really ill again. I took today off work even though I have NO sick time left in my sick bank. I feel like such a bad employee. My boss is old school and believes that no one should ever have a sick day in their entire career so I must be a complete failure to her.

Also, the work association I belong to (The BC association of medical radiation technologists) has not issued me my membership card yet, even though I needed to have it by today (so that my boss would not decrease my wages to a qualified but not registered status). I have e-mailed them asking them to fax the image of the card to her, but have not received a response.

Moving has come to a complete stand still as we have no shelving or storage for ANYTHING and I did not realise this until we actually took the place. Brad and I have been frantically trying to build shelving and storage units from Ikea and Home Depot, but we only have so much money and don't want to spend a ton on a rental unit. This is on top of painting, packing and moving in itself. My sister-in-law is also moving in with us and has not helped us out one bit (except for painting her room, of coarse!)

I have creditors calling me up the yin yang and I can't tell them for sure that payments can be made as Brad and I are broke!

Last night we had a meeting with my step-son's school and we were informed that, after much psychological testing, he has some severe learning disabilities associated with memory and processing, and he has ADHD (which makes a ton of sense but his mother insists on him not being treated with medication, which we were told would cause a huge struggle for him with social issues and learning).

My weight is at an all time high and I DO NOT want to do anything about it as I know I'll fail at it. I KNOW I will as I have a sickness with food. I am a constant over-eater. I can't help myself. There is no plan or magic pill that will ever help me with my weight until I can find a way of not having an addiction to food. I may lose the weight but I will always gain it back until I figure out how to conquer this demon.

I am supposed to be this wonderful, love-giving, hope-filling Christian woman and I am definitely not her. I am a horrible representative of what a Christian should be. I don't sing anymore, I swear, I smoke, and lately I love getting drunk.

Yes, I feel like a failure...again...(I'm sure you're all so sick of hearing me say that)

What's the point of life? I am so hopeless and feel so helpless. I hate my life and want to end it so badly, but there are so many implications associated with it that it overwhelms me even more. There is no rest, no peace, no comfort, no love...I am supposed to be a &%$*ing Christian!!! What the hell is wrong with me?

Where are you God?

5 comments:

Bleeding Heart said...

I am so sorry for your pain and frustrations..Nothing is wrong with you! You are human for goodness sakes...Don't be so hard on yourself. :)

We all get drunk or have gotten drunk, a lot of people smoke or do worse...

You are a good Christian...My goodness...I could tell you stories about me...

I was pregnant at 18 years old before marriage, I married the guy for the Child's sake and so she wouldn't be born out of wedlock...didn't marry for LOVE!

I then got divorced...moved in with my NOW husband (Boyfriend at the time) with THREE kids and we lived together for three years BEFORE we got married...We finally did get married :)

See...does this make me a bad Christian? NO! Through all of this...I still loved God, believed in God and I still did right by others...I treat people nice, I am a HUGE care taker and I ALWAYS put myself SECOND!

We all make mistakes and we don't all go by the Golden Rule of life...Mistakes of ours is what shapes the People we are...

I don't regret anything...with all that I've been through...it made me who I am today! All the struggles made me stronger.

There is a light at the end of the tunnel...This too shall pass..My friend and you will come out a Stronger Person!

shebee said...

Thank you for your comment dream, it makes me feel better to know that others have struggled in similar areas and ways that I have. You're a truly cool lady.

marja said...

Shebee, girl! Please don't be so down on yourself. Don't you know that God LOVES you? You must accept that. I just don't know what else to say.

It does seem, though, that you're terribly depressed.

I have seldom talked about the devil, but what I have learned is that he will make you tell yourself all kinds of lies. These lies pull you down, discourage you from being the kind of person God made you to be.

Look to Jesus, Shebee. He will forgive anything you ask him to forgive. Keep your eyes fixed on Jesus who loves you more than you could ever fathom. Embrace that love. Let his love help you learn to love yourself.

YOU ARE NOT A BAD PERSON.

Is it time to see your pdoc again? It might be a good idea. You should not be feeling this way.

shebee said...

Marja,
I know what you mean...I shouldn't be feeling this way...I don't know what it is...
I feel like I am the devils throw toy always being batted around.
I feel so horrible about myself, my body, my life...you get the drift.
I hope that my doc will be able to help me out...I'll be seeing her on Thursday this week. Thanks for your concern. Love Shebee

marja said...

That's a neat analogy: "the devil's throw toy being batted around." I can understand that. A long time ago I felt like God was playing cat and mouse with me. I thought he was pretty cruel. I felt pretty helpless, being that mouse.

But I learned that God is good.