Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Last night, after all the commotion

Last night while we were just dozing off to sleep, my husband asked me a question about God.
"People struggle with sin all the time. Do they really need to confess it every time, or are they just wasting their time? Jesus died on the cross for us for our past, present and future sins, didn't He?"
Well, I was amazed to hear myself speak. I, biblically, answered all of his questions without the bat of an eyelash.
This is a miracle to me, as I thought I was so 'back-slidden' that I had no clue why I still kept my faith.
Mu husband thanked me and said that I 'cleared it up' for him. I felt such a peace wave over me. The Holy Spirit came upon me and I was even able to sort through a few things in my head (people that I 'hate', I was able to forgive, I made some peace with myself, etc).
Maybe my calling isn't being an X-ray tech at all (see my last post). Maybe I do need to go back to school and become a teacher/worship leader, or something else that involves spreading the Good News of our Lord.

Maybe I'm just speaking out of my rear end right now...? But I do feel encouraged. Hmmm.

I have gone over this thought process before, and I just let the dream fade. I tend to be a realist when it comes to my profession ("I can't quit! The money's good and it's secure!")
But I know that I am not satisfied with my current line of work. Even subconsciously, I am consistently late, I lose my focus easily, I take longer breaks than expected without even meaning to, and when I think of going to work, it is not with a sense of pride. More a sense of...well, I guess, dread is the best word I can think of. Still, it's the people that I work with that keep me going back. Most of them are awesome, and so fun to be around. But there lies my problem again. I am such a 'chatty kathy' people person that I get myself into trouble (glares and 'shushes' from the management, etc.).I feel that I will always be the 'black sheep' in my line of work.
Don't get me wrong, I am competent, I consistently get good images, and I am great with my clients. Still though, that is not enough to get me out of the hole that I've dug for myself. There is no passion in me for what I do...I feel as though I am called to greater things. Holy crap. I am nearly 30 years old and I still have no idea what's going on with my life. Could you pray for me, my friends, that I find a purpose?

Well, I've now lost my train of thought because my stomach has suddenly started to growl. I guess it is lunch time.

love to all of you,
Shebee

6 comments:

marja said...

You sound restless. You know what they say, though, not to make major decisions while you are in the midst of a moodswing. Hope you'll just tuck the idea away for now and keep it as something to mull over for a while.

So neat that you were able to help your husband understand a biblical truth in the way you did. So neat that you have a husband who shares your faith.

Bleeding Heart said...

Go for your dreams! Go for what you truly want to do within your heart! We only have one life to live....so live it to the fullest!!!!

Jon said...

Another point of view is that through your words and actions you may be doing more good now than you realize.

But, there's nothing worse than a dream unpursued.

shebee said...

Marja,
I agree with you to a point, but I know that I have ALWAYS wanted to do this...I don't think it's just a passing feeling...
Shebee

marja said...

That's good, Shebee. I was only saying what I was because, within our moods, we are sometimes tempted to do things too quickly, making decisions that we are later sorry for.

Sorry if I sounded like I was discouraging you.

shebee said...

Marja, don't worry about that...I love ya! And I appreciate your feedback. You needn't worry about offending me in any way.
Shebee