Friday, December 01, 2006

I'm done hiding out

Well, I'm back from my depressive hiatus from the blog. I don't know why I do that? It would probably be good for me to blog when I'm feeling super overwhelmed, but the thought of it freaks me out. Hence the overwhelmed feeling.
Today, my hubby and I went to small claims court for a matter that was totally NOT for small claims court. We were taken there by my step-sons mother and her father. They were denied everything though, as we have joint custody and they were asking for child support. They were also trying to prove that we owe them $2500 for a 'section 15' (a psychological assessment provided by a court appointed psychologist) that they asked to be done. I believe that the only reason they want half of the amount for it is because it didn't turn out in their favor. The assessment suggested that my hubby and I are the better equipped and 'fit' parents for my step-son. So there you go. Cut and dry. But hey, the family that we are dealing with are totally in denial and full of s%&t as far as I'm concerned. Whatever..sorry to bore you with details. It may go to supreme court though...that has me worried...I just don't trust our judges in this province. I wish that we could all get along...I keep praying for that...maybe God will say yes...who knows.
Ugh...I have been sick for more than a week. It sucks because I had the flu shot the week before, and what did I get? The flu!!! I guess it was a different strain. I do work in a hospital, so I guess all the bugs like to hang out there. Whatever.
Anyways, I feel like I'm rambling, so I'm going to stop typing now..
love you all,
Shebee

2 comments:

marja said...

I love your rambling, Shebee. I hate it when I DON't hear from you - always wondering how things are going for you. You ARE in my prayers.

Sounds like you have a complicated life - and so much beyond your power to control, which is the pits.

Take care - and keep writing.

- marja

Bleeding Heart said...

Glad to see you back...sometimes we need to step away and that is OK!

Time to heal!

Keep writing - it free's the soul!